Kensington 20 to 30 hens Or Upgrade to 50 to 60 hen version SAVE £210
14 Day Express Shipping Option -
If you need your order urgently we are now offering a service to express build your order and have it built and leave us within 14 days, it will then take a couple more days for delivery, we can offer the service on a limited basis as this will involve our guys working out of hours. Simply select the option on checkout from above.
- Kensington Deluxe Chicken coop for up to 30 hens.
- This large house is perfect for the customer with a larger flock, or someone who just wants a coop that's larger and can be walked in to.
- Built using the finest redwood that been pressure treated.
- 12mm cladding as standard and a 16mm Tongue and Groove floor means this product will provide many years of service.
- 180cm x 180cm x 180cm (House Size)
- 245cm Width with nest boxes
- There are two treble nest boxes, one down each side for easy access for egg collection,
- suitable for approx 25 to 36 hens dependent on breed,
- Large main door at the front and two pop holes.
- There are also 6 lift out perches for easy cleaning.
- Ventilation is provided by vents at the front and the rear
Supplied in sections on a large pallet for easy home assembly.
Free Delivery is subject to our normal terms and conditions.
There is a run available to purchase as an extra.
Approx dimensions are 1.8m deep x 1.8m wide (3m approx including nest boxes) x 1.8m tall £350
We can make this unit in a 240cm x 240cm version and this will hold up to 60 hens, it will have two treble nest boxes down each side so a total of 12 nest box spaces.
Roofing And Options
The standard 12 mm roof of this chicken coop is a wooden cladding designed to provide many years service. It uses interlocking 12 mm shiplap boards, and provides very high levels of management of red mites, (no where for them to hide easily).
The roof being wood, will come pressure treated, this means the wood can be damp and take some time to fully dry out especially during the winter, wood acts as a sponge, so will move, knots may need resealing during its life as the wood moves around and should form part of your maintenance, we would also recommend treating the wood once or twice a year with a good quality treatment ideally containing water repellents to seal the wood, this will be important to do when new for optimum performance of the roof against rain.
We have been selling this type of roof on our chicken coops for many years, and the design has proved very successful.
Optional 16 mm Shiplap Roof - As above in terms of qualities and care but is made with thicker 16mm boards, these make the unit stronger and more durable to the weather, this is the best wooden roof available.
Optional Felt Roof - Our felt roof option has a roof made with 12 mm tongue and groove timber, which we then supply felt in a roll that you fit as part of the assembly. This type of roof will provide a easy to look after roof that needs very little maintenance and provides a water proof layer.
Optional Onduline Roof - This roof type is a wooden frame with black Onduline. The frame comes ready to fit to the coop as part of the assembly and the Onduline is cut ready for you to fit as the final stage of assembly, this provides a maintenance free roof that will provide many years of life, 10 years plus is to be expected.